Medford, OR – According to the police officials, his name is Mason Barrette and he was reportedly obtaining drugs from the Bay Area in California and bringing them into Medford to distribute.
The 22-year-old man was reportedly utilizing juveniles to deliver these drugs into the community.
Police officials also said that the suspect was using a third-party apartment in the 1800 block of Crater Lake Ave. as a hub for this criminal activity.
MPD officers obtained and executed a search warrant for the involved apartment which led to the seizure of over a ½ pound of fentanyl and various quantities of other drugs, including Xanax, psilocybin mushrooms, and methamphetamine.
Barrette was arrested on multiple charges:
- Unlawful Possession, Distribution, and Manufacturing of a Schedule II controlled substance (fentanyl)
- Unlawful Manufacturing and Distribution of a controlled substance within 1000’ of a school
- Unlawful Possession of Psilocybin
- Unlawful Possession of a Schedule IV controlled substance (Xanax)
- Unlawful Delivery of a of Schedule II controlled substance to a minor (fentanyl) [x2]
- Unlawful Possession of Methamphetamine
- Supplying Contraband