Medford, OR – According to the statement, the process reportedly includes spreading rock chips onto emulsified oil, then pressing the rocks in with rollers.
Chip seals help protect and extend the life of the existing roadway.
The contractor plans to begin on U.S. 730 at the I-84 junction and move north to the Oregon/Washington state line.
From there, work crews will relocate to OR 11, just south of Milton-Freewater, and travel south to Pendleton.
The schedule is subject to change and may adjust from day to day.
- Monday, June 5 – From I-84 junction to west side of Irrigon, milepost 174.30.
- Tuesday, June 6 – From east side of Irrigon, milepost 179.90, to the Umatilla River Bridge, milepost 182.56. Begin milepost 186.00 to the Oregon/Washington state line, milepost 203.28.
- Wednesday, June 7 – Continue north towards state line.
- Thursday, June 8 – Continue north towards state line.
- Friday, June 9 – Finish section and move equipment to OR 11.
- Monday, June 12 – South of Main Street in Milton-Freewater, milepost 26.93, to junction of OR 204, milepost 20.32.
- Tuesday, June 13 – Finish OR 11 from milepost 4.10 to north of Pendleton, milepost 0.50.
Travelers through these work zones can expect to see the following impacts.
- Flaggers and pilot cars directing single lane traffic through work zones.
- Delays up to 20 minutes.
- Reduced speeds.
- Loose rock on the roadway.
- Minor delays during nighttime/early morning hours for road sweeping.