As the statewide two-week freeze ended on December 2, Jackson County entered precautions under the Extreme Risk guidance.
In an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community, City Hall and the Lausmann Annex will be closed to the public until further notice.
While we’re closing public access to our facilities, we aren’t shutting down operations. We will continue to provide essential services to our community. Signage will be posted at all building entrances with contact information.
Meetings with City staff will be by appointment only. All Board, Commission and Committee meetings will be held virtually.
Continuing Essential Services
Essential services that have continued uninterrupted include:
- Police and Fire services
- Utility services
- Municipal Court
- Public Works and Parks Maintenance services
- Development Services
- Capital projects
City phones continue to be answered and employees continue to work remotely whenever possible.
Municipal Court is closed to the public but still conducting court by telephone.
- If you are scheduled for court on a day when City Hall is closed, please call 541-774-2040 for further instructions on how to resolve your case.
- If you need to make a payment or request a hearing please call 541-774-2040. Or visit our online payment system by clicking here.
- Violation Trials have been canceled from November 24 through December 11. Please contact the court to update your mailing address.
- If you do not have access to a phone to contact the court regrading a criminal matter:
- Get in touch with your public defender or attorney, if you have one, to reschedule your court appearance.
City leaders will continue to monitor guidance from Governor Kate Brown and the Oregon Health Authority (OHA).
Continued City closures will be based on Jackson County’s risk level assessment by OHA. Risk levels will be evaluated every two weeks.
Please continue to take preventative actions to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. Wear a mask, wash your hands, stay home when you’re sick and limit social gatherings as much as possible.